BIOFEEDBACK BEGINNERS' ONLINE CLASS RECORDING
Instructor: Jon Bale, MSc, BCN
Ideal for beginners or individuals looking to enter the field of biofeedback, Jon Bale introduces the concepts of measuring psychophysiological indicators for stress profiles. Over the 5 hours of instruction, participants are guided on how to make sense of data monitoring and displaying biological signals of interest for stress assessments and stress profiles, as well as "rule of thumb" numbers to expect in terms of increased and decreased stress.
Each lesson will cover a different signal modality in terms of:
- underlying physiology
- accurately recording the signal
- expected norms
- basics of self-regulation
- limitations of monitoring
- correct methods for sensor/electrode application
- discrimination of artifacts from real data
The breakdown of the lessons is as follows:
• Lessons 1 & 2: Respiration, Heart Rate and Heart Rate Variability (HRV), from both blood-volume pulse (BVP) and electrocardiogram (EKG) sensors.
• Lesson 3: Skin conductance and Peripheral Finger Temperature
• Lesson 4: Muscle Tension (Electromyography) and short introduction to Hemoencephalography (HEG)