HEART RATE VARIABILITY (HRV)
TRAINING ONLINE CLASS
CE Credit for psychologists is granted on a one credit per one contact hour basis.
Total Hours: 6
Instructor: Linda Walker, MHR, LPC, BCN, BCB
Included: Student Notes & Class Recordings
CONTENT: This class introduces licensed professionals to the measurement of heart rate variability (HRV) from an EKG signal or from peripheral blood flow (HR/BVP). The 4 x 1.5 hour lessons are scheduled weekly at the same time and recorded for participants. If you miss a lesson you will receive the recording to review. The class reviews current HRV research, and presents a variety of convergent training strategies to produce increased heart rate variability.
- Be informed on concepts of heart rate variability (HRV), including the underlying physiological that determines heart rate and HRV
- Review of sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous system control and Porges' Polyvagal Theory
- Learn about correct sensor application for clean signal recording
- Master discriminating real feedback signals from artifact
- See the use of biofeedback equipment to measure heart rate and heart rate variability
- Establish the basics of self-regulation
- Demonstration of resonant frequency detection session, including data interpretation
Thank you Linda. This [class] has been really helpful for me, and I've worked with HRV for a number of years. Over the last 6 hours, I learned more than in all the years I have been working with it. It has been great.